Thursday, October 14, 2010

Brooklyn Tweed's got me again!




Only had a couple minutes before racing to the shower and off to the office so I stopped by Brooklyn Tweed's blog. I haven't read in awhile and wanted to catch up on his great photos, yarns and patterns. I just adore his work. Just for the record, his garter blanket is the only pattern I made EXACTLY according to pattern and even used the yarn & needle choice of the designer. A perfect blanket.

So he caught me again this morning with his Shale Baby Blanket. He said he found an original Shale blanket used by his mother and went in search of a great pattern to reproduce it. This insane 4 stitch decreases (!) and use of perfect wool makes this historical pattern just pop out. Oh man!

I also saw on his site that some of his speciality wool is now available online. Read his blog if you're interested in sheep & wool production in the States. He is both an artisan and a nature conservator.

So maybe this little gem will be on my needles...suddenly have a good Christmas gift idea!



No comments: